DANFOSS - VACON® NXP Common DC BusCategory: Frequency Converter (PL09)
DANFOSS - VACON® NXP Common DC Bus
Easy integration – ultimate flexibility
The VACON® NXP range of common DC bus drive products includes a number of active front-ends, inverters, and brake chopper units. They ensure all energy within a system is effectively utilized and redistributed.
Common DC bus components can be used in many different combinations. In a regenerative DC bus system, the active front-end unit generates power back to the mains network. This is suitable for processes where braking is needed often and the braking power is relatively high. In a non-regenerative system, braking power is redistributed to other drives in the system and possible excess power can be dissipated as heat using an optional brake chopper and brake resistors. This is ideal for small production lines where braking is needed less often.
NXA, NXN, NXB, and NXI configurations
Active Front-end (NXA), Non-regenerative Front-end (NXN), Brake Chopper (NXB) and Inverter (NXI) configurations are available.
For more information about these configurations please refer to the VACON® NXP Common DC Bus selection guide.
Supply voltages and power range
- 3 x 380-500 V...1.5-1850 kW
- 3 x 525-690 V...3-2000 kW
Features and Benefits
- Reduced energy costs as regenerative front-end feed excess braking energy back into the network
- Investment costs are low as a result of reduced power cabling and installation time
- Cost and space savings as optimized module design reduces the need for additional engineering and cabinet space
- Lower system complexity thanks to five built-in expansion slots for additional I/O, Fieldbus, and functional safety boards
- Improvements in drive line-up tolerance to voltage dips/sags and minimized harmonic distortion are possible as a result of the active front-end unit
- Easy installation of compact option boards