DANFOSS - VACON® NXP DCGuardCategory: Frequency Converter (PL09)
DANFOSS - VACON® NXP DCGuard
Ensure safe DC-grid selectivity
VACON® NXP DCGuard™ enables fast disconnection and full selectivity between DC grids for all VACON® NXP series drives.
Utilizing DC grids rather than AC grids enables power distribution with lower power losses. However, ensuring selectivity and limited short circuit energy requires more sophisticated protection devices.
VACON® NXP DCGuard™ is a semiconductor protection device that maintains the stability of the DC grid by detecting and cutting off any faulty DC currents, fast. It isolates the faulty part of the system within 5 microseconds, protecting the surrounding equipment and ensuring uninterrupted operation.
VACON® NXP DCGuard has DNV-GL, ABS, and Lloyd's Register type approvals, a simplifying system approved for use in marine environments.
465-800 VDC………3-4140 A
640-1100 VDC…..….4-3100 A
Features and Benefits
- Correct system selectivity due to short circuit protection
- No overvoltage spikes at a current cut-off
- Connect two different DC grids with voltage differences up to full DC voltage, thanks to controlled voltage ramp-up
- Transmission cable overload protection
- Reliable, proven technology